American Fidelity Named 2013 Health at Work℠ Award Winner
(Oklahoma City, OK) – Oklahoma City-based American Fidelity Assurance Company (AFA) won a Silver award from the ninth-annual Health at Work Awards sponsored by ComPsych®. Winners were selected based on their wellness program’s comprehensiveness, delivery, promotion, participation rates and results achieved.
"Living a healthier lifestyle is something we all know we need to do, but we often have a hard time actually doing it," said Dave Carpenter, president and chief operating officer of American Fidelity. "We’ve worked hard to make it easier for our Colleagues to make healthy decisions. I’ve also tried to set a good example by telling Colleagues about my own efforts to work out regularly and cut back on my bad habit of eating a candy bar each night. I’ve seen results in my own life and have challenged others to make similar changes."
American Fidelity helps Colleagues achieve better health by providing:
- Free whole fruits in all break rooms and the on-site grill
- Low-cost healthy options in the on-site grill such as salad, grilled chicken and salmon, yogurt, oatmeal, vegetable stir-fry and sliced fruit
- Wellness incentives worth up to $1,000
- Fitness center with a variety of cardio and weight equipment, along with fitness classes
- Two on-site personal trainers
- On-site medical clinic
- On-site mammograms several times a year
- On-site massages three days per week
ComPsych Corporation is the world’s largest provider of employee assistance programs and is the pioneer and worldwide leader of fully integrated EAP, behavioral health, wellness, work-life, HR, FMLA and absence management services under its GuidanceResources® brand.